Sunday, January 10, 2010

Buttons and Twine



As you know, I'm a hardcore vintage-lover, and in that same vein, this past year I've been reliving things from my childhood:

buying old books and toys I remember and love, for my own kids
visiting my grandparents more often
listening to oldie-but-goodie classic music from the 30's and 40's
and MAKING FAVORITE CHILDHOOD RECIPES...passing them onto my kids!

This layout is about vinegar taffy...a favorite of mine, that only my grandma seems to know how to make successfully! I've tried (and failed) over the years, but decided, at my kids' insistence, to try again together. We did and it HALFWAY WORKED, whoo hoo!
:)

I had fun threading twine through vintage buttons to make a frame around this layout. LOVE the little kitchen tools paper from BG Nook and Pantry, and the patterns/colors on the new Jen Allyson MME Beloved collection!

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome. Congrats on the CK pub. I was reading the Jan and Dec copies and I saw your LOs. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete