Friday, March 12, 2010

Fimo Frenzy!!!

Ok, it's official, I'm full on OBSESSED with clay buttons as of NOW! :)
Inspired by blogs like THIS, and window shopping HERE and HERE, I'm really lovin' this handmade look!
Well, my scrappy budget is definitely in the negative right now after splurging on new CHA stuff, and I've been wanting to try my hand at making my own buttons for about 6 months now, SO...the kids and I had a Clay Craft Day, and here is a peek at what I came up with!



To say I had fun making these would be a gross understatement, hehe...the kids and I just played around with the clay for several hours and loved every second of it!! I'm headed out to a weekend retreat now, and I'm DEFINITELY gonna take these and craft my little heart out with them!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. so those are super dang cute dood!!! What kind of clay did you use??? the boys would love making some of those for their bookbags or something. I love the gumball machine one, so cute!!! and the popcorn one too! Hmmmm, maybe i am hungry? ;) Have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these turned out amazing, your first time making them? hard to beleive! thnkas for the book rec. I plan on reserving it at the library this week. I am starting Peony in Love By Lisa See tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Keri!! You are such a sweetie!!! I loooove your buttons - they are the cutest :D :D Can't wait to see what you create with them...

    ReplyDelete