Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day Decor...Snobby Style!

I had absolutely NO Independence Day decor in my house this year, so I was really excited to make something to hang on the
wall from the latest Snobby Walrus kit, Lakeside Picnic:



I took the artisan-label packaging from the Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons in the kit, and added a couple more from my stash. After altering all three with JB paper, May Arts rosette ribbon, and Smooch Spritz in Spun Sugar, I attached them with corduroy brads and hung it up next to my kitchen-sink window...love it! :)



The vintage images from Altered Pages were distressed with ink and a dot embossing folder, and I curled the edges a bit and attached them with dimensional adhesive.

A perfect little addition to my summer decor...plus it was easy and fun to make.

And here's my first layout with Lakeside Picnic:



Used Smooch Spritz in Spun Sugar, Shimmerz Spritz in Sapphire, and Glimmer Mist in Passion Red...then outlined the frame-mask with my chocolate Copic Spica pen...love the result! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous patriotic home decor, Keri!! So fun to have stuff you make to put up in your house!!

    Beautiful layout - love the framing detail work!

    Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete