Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sketch inspiration and Layout Reveal!

I've got a sketch up on the Midnight Rooster blog, along with a layout featuring the awesome new August kit, Sunset's Dusty Trail...so get check it out and play along! :)

And here's the full reveal of my August projects with this kit:


I had fun making some little accent clusters, featuring the GORGEOUS custom pins and the oh-so-soft teeny pom-pom trim. This kit also includes a great little chipboard alpha, that I altered in several ways...on this layout I simply clear-embossed them, which gives them a great dark, glossy look.


This layout features the INCREDIBLY adorable camper/trailer stamp...exclusive to this kit, and SO fun to play with! I stamped in dark brown ink and clear embossed to make these dimensional accents. I also went NUTS with the plain alpha on this one, using robin's egg blue paint, and brown spray ink for a super-cool patina look...SO happy with how it turned out!



I made the little marshmallow accents using the white bag that held the kit's embellishments, by sewing then inking with brown and black inks...come on, they turned out so cute, right?! :)



Next up, a 2-pager about our carnival adventures...it's busy, I know, but I like how it captured the crazy-fun carnival vibe I was going for:



I created the random background with stamps, white paint, and the red Maya Mist included in the kit (which gives the pink circles and red stamped numbers a GREAT shimmer that doesn't show up in the photos!)



This last layout is a simple, neutral one, showcasing a favorite photo of my last little one as an infant:



I dry-embossed the alphas, then misted with Marshmallow glimmer mist...lovin' its soft, simple look.



Lastly, a quick card...used the red Maya Mist again, and pop-dotted a few matching circles with the October Afternoon text paper for fun (chunky red twine not included in kit):



So...remember to enter the giveaway below...and don't forget to check out what the other amazing Midnight Rooster designers created with this kit!

5 comments:

  1. ALL so gorjuss, but that first one is just soooooo divine I can't even describe how much I love it...! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is adorable!!! I so need to make some of those marshmellow embellies...super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Keri! All of your projects are simply gorgeous! I looove the cute little marshmallows and the way you did the stitching on the circles in the top one. I love what you did with the alphas on each page too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are utterly wonderful. that 2 pager is CK pub waiting to happen. That remember layout is so so so good and precious!!!

    ReplyDelete