Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hallowe'en Projects

Graphic 45's Hallowe'en In Wonderland is just one of those collections that I just couldn't stop creating with! 
I don't have a lot of October home decor, so I started with a thick-wrapped canvas for my kitchen:


I coated the thick sides of the canvas with black gesso, topped with Charcoal glimmer mist, which gave it this great glossy, oil-paint look.  Then I got to work with the exact-o knife and the Wonderland paper and popped the perimeter and the center for dimension:


I adhered the paper to the canvas with glossy Mod Podge, then added more in a circular pattern for added texture:


I really love how the circular texture of the Mod Podge really pops after I misted it with Spring Rain...gives an awesome iridescent look to the Alice image!


Love this addition to my spooky decor, and so do my kids...they love to look at it, heh!

My second project with the Snobby Walrus October kit features DUSTY ATTIC chipboard!


This tree is just awesome, am I right?! :)
I grounded the tree with a little cluster of embellishments:  G45 tag, 7G mini-label, Prima lace, and a Pink Paislee image, stamped with glam and misted with Tuscan Sun.


(FYI: although the Snobby Walrus kit page is not showing this kit currently, I BELIEVE you can still order this limited-release kit with an email)

I'm headed off tomorrow for my SECOND-ever scrap retreat...which hopefully means I'll be back with TONS of completed projects to share!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE how you used the tree!

    I should try something like that with the Alice paper - I want to buy another one just to look at, ahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dusty Attic - your layout is gorgeous, I love all the details. And your spooky canvas is just spectacular!! I love the texture with the mod podge and the mist. I bet it looks even better IRL too. Great work, Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Halloween Decor, Keri- the dimension and effect from the layered misting and texture look fabulous!

    Thanks for your comment on my painting - your thoughtful words really meant a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pages, like the way you add lots of texture to your designs, dusty attic chipboard is the greatest fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri, these are outstanding!!!!!!!!! Love that tree too!!!!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!!

    And thank you for leaving me a warm message:D:D

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a little Rockstar you...i am so lucky i was able to sit by you while you creating these darling pages!! xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it terrible of me that I still haven't cut into that alice line? LOL. I so want to but I don't think I will do it justice!

    ReplyDelete