Monday, March 28, 2011

Monochromatic Monday...

Every once in a while I really lean toward monochromatic layouts, & I keep looking at this one I created with my Crate stash back in December, but never shared on my blog. 
I began this project by pulling out my ENTIRE Crate stash & separating everything green:


































Some of this product is beloved Crate from their 2008 collections, felt awesome to finally use those final hoarded bits on a project!

I made a couple quick-quilled swirls using the paper strip that tells the collection info.



























The bracket-border is the B-side of a Crate diecut paper, which I promptly splattered and smeared with spray ink and crackle paint!  :-)



























Finally, I used some packaging chipboard, ran it through my diecut machine with some embossing folders, & painted them with distress ink and green & gold glimmer glazes:






























When's the last time YOU created something with a monochromatic look?  I'd LOVE to be linked up to see your single-color creations!

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful and these colors are so romantic! Look at that swirl you did with that tiny thin strip of paper!!! WHAT A NEAT idea!! LOVE how your embossing folder and that martha punch match!! totally totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page, Keri! I love green :) REally lovin what you did with the paper strip - the swirl looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page! Love all the splatter of paint

    ReplyDelete