Monday, June 6, 2011

When Life Gets Crazy...

...my blog is neglected, so sorry!

I'm enjoying the transition into a Summer Break schedule with the kids...so much fun, sunshine, opportunities to be together doing things we love!
 So...what have I been up to scrapbook-wise?!  Here's one thing...




































This month at Get Picky, the inspiration quote was right up my alley:


I'm sure that most of us at one time or another, feel that we're not fully living, and are caught in the rut of just "existing"...just making it through the day-by-day. 
The subject was great for a self-portrait style layout, in which I included a hidden journaling tag detailing my goals on how to remember to live the "width" of life more often.

Love the black Scrapmatts notes and oval frames...so delicate and intricate!


With this layout, I made sure to get plenty of "art-therapy" time in...making handmade flowers out of paper and lace, and crumpled "ribbon" out of Hambly washi tape...so fun!
If this inspiration prompt speaks to YOU too, you've got until the 13th to create a layout entry for the Get Picky challenge...and be sure to check out the GP Blog to see the ways the other awesome designers used this prompt!
I'll be back soon with more layouts and projects to share!

5 comments:

  1. I have seen this quote used on others who are participating in the challenge and it's a very meaningful quote and I love your interpretation. Your photos have that misty haze look, DREAMY!!! hee hee!! lovely handmade flowers, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this SO SO much!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is soo pretty, Keri! I love how you used the music notes and the frames - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and inspiring. I admire the way you clustered the stamped birds with the labels and fussy cut bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this ... but I REALLY love the birds on a wire stamp!! Where did you get that??? Those twisty flowers are really great also ... fab layout!!

    ReplyDelete