Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sparkle & Shine

Once again, it's Inspiration time over at Get Picky, and this month's prompt is all about the sparkle, the glitz, & the glam:


Gorgeous, am I right?! 
As I looked through my photos for this inspiration challenge, I realized that my life-in-pictures isn't all that glitzy & glamourous, lol.  I didn't have any elegant photos to use, BUT I came across some photos of a day at the Gem Mines that were perfect for a sparkly layout:



































Yes, the layout's quite simple in design, but I added a few glitzy layers to dress-up this 6-photo page.

I started with a sparkle-cardstock base, then placed my photos & glitter border.  The gold Hambly overlay framed the photos in a fun way, topped with a few glitter-epoxy accents & title letters. The final gilded touch was a swipe of Saffron glimmer glaze around the edges:














































Along with this fun inspiration, we've got several exciting things going on at Get Picky in July. 

First, our two new designers are FAVORITES of mine that are sure to inspire you...
Piradee Talvanna & Camilla Eckman!  You can see their work with this inspiration, along with our other fabulous designers, HERE.
 Also, in addition to our usual awesome prize of a guest designer opportunity, for participating in this challenge you will be in the running for a randomly-drawn prize package of Sassafras goodies! 

We'd love for you to join us.

1 comment:

  1. Totally see the inspiration in your LO. The glitz and glam of your embellishments work so well with the gold panning theme.

    ReplyDelete