Saturday, September 3, 2011

Goodbye August, Hello Change...

Not gonna lie, letting go of August has been an especially tough one this year for me...saying goodbye to carefree Summer days, & saying goodbye to my girls each morning as they both head to full-day school:
















































A new life-phase that is bittersweet...trying to take it all in, to be patient with myself & my kids while we navigate this new daily schedule together.  Part of me is jumping up & down with the thought of all this more compartmentalized time, & part of me realizes that for REAL I don't have little kids @ home any more;  Time keeps marching...   They DO look adorable in their little uniforms, though, don't they?! :)

In scrappy news, I'm looking forward to more regular posting here on the blog.  To start, here is Get Picky's gorgeous August Inspiration Challenge:


I LOVE scrapping with yellow, but somehow rarely do, so I decided on a monochromatic layout, to complement the blue sky in my beach photos:



































Taking inspiration from the center photo of flourished white flowers, I added the large white doily & the wet-embossed yellow swirl stamp:


























With a cue from the scattered-petal photo, I added scattered medallion circles & yellow flower buttons:




























Man, I wish I were back at the beach!

To participate in this challenge, link your layout HERE.
You could be next month's guest designer, OR win this My Little Shoebox prize:



4 comments:

  1. Don't build your house on the sand!! :) lol. Such a BRIGHT sunshiney layout, I love it!! and really? You weren't jumping up and down celebrating freedom and TIME???!! yayayayayay, the kids are gone?? LOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really love how you used yellow! Such a happy layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls look so cute! You're such a great mom - curling their hair and all!! lol I don't even curl my own hair :)

    I totally entered the Aug Inspiration Challenge - my first inspiration challenge EVER! We need to have another scrapbook day sometime soon. I need to take this darn test and then I won't be stressing over it and may be able to relax and hang out! I keep feeling guilty for doing all of these fun activities - not fun! Anyways, as always - I LOVE YOUR Work! Seriously. I love all of your pages. I always come here and check for new ideas - you're the best! Miss You Girlie - Let's hang out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the all the yellow on you layout!! And yes your girls look adorable in those uniforms!

    ReplyDelete