Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Sweet Counterfeit Challenge...

To play along with the Get Picky Birthday Hop, please click HERE.

The monthly challenges & inspiration are in high gear over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog...if you're up for a challenge, please go check out both the candy & blog hop challenges going on now!

Here's my layout for the Candy challenge:



































The challenge was to be inspired by candy, and I immediately thought of these favorite sweet accents that my friends & I were recently loving:

To recreate this look, first I scavenged through the pantry for some left-over pieces of summer taffy.  Wax-paper or parchment paper would also work well. 
After removing the candy, I stamped the edges of the wrappers with Stazon ink, and added super-subtle rub-ons from the Porcelain rub-ons in my Counterfeit kit.
Inside the wrapper is a small rounded-corner rectangle of pink craft foam.  Simple, fun, and sweet!



























They were the perfect accent for this layout using "sweet" imagery to describe the loving relationship my daughters have together:

9 comments:

  1. Those candies look so cool on the page!!! though I admit to wanting to peeling off and eat it, lol. Super cute stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! Keri this is amazing! Love your "sweet" layout - beautiful colours and design... and those sweets are delish! I love them!!! What a fabulous idea - so clever, Keri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candy idea is such a great one!! Really pretty page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute, pretty page. Your candy idea is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh how cool do those lollies look, I love the soft pinks and blues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you interpreted this challenge, your candies are adorable! What a cute page! Your kids look so "sweet" too!!!! :) :) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you made your own candy to accessorise your page! super cute layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome page!! I love, love, love the candy accents!!

    ReplyDelete