Friday, November 18, 2011

Get Picky with OVALS!

This month's sketch challenge over at Get Picky is a doozy...check out all these ovals:


For this sketch, I wanted my layout theme to be a complement to the ovals, so I went with photos of a bubble-blowing summer day:




































Rather than crop my photos in the classic Creative-Memories-ovals-of-old, I decided to put a little twist on it in Photoshop.  I cropped my photos into ovals, making sure not to leave out any important photo detail, and then printed out the photos with a rectangle frame around the oval.



























I finally busted out my order of the Amy Tan line from American Crafts, which has some great circle and oval products that worked great for this layout:




























To play along, check out the sketch post over at the Get Picky Blog...entries are due by November 28th, Sydney Time. :-)

7 comments:

  1. your page is beautiful... this sketch is so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page - and your choice of title letters works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sketch is absolutely perfect for your photos, holy buckets!!! Your layout is just so good!! I love how you grounded the ovals into rectangles, such a unique look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I love the oval photos - what a cool idea! I love your page - the title is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I so love this LO Kerri... Thanks for the love left on my blog too. The cover of my DDaily was just the reverse side of cardstock (DCWV) which was embossed. It still gave that extra bit of texture without being too heavy..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. those ovals would have thrown me for a loop - love how you worked around it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the concept of the page. I can truly see bubbles in it.


    Thanks for leaving sweet comments in my blog. You always make me smile everytime I hear from you.

    ReplyDelete