Thursday, December 1, 2011

Get Inspired with Get Picky!

This month's inspiration challenge over at Get Picky is great....it's All About Words!
The idea is to focus on the story, the words, the journaling,
and I just love the image to go along with it:


Love the idea of letting your imagination "take flight" while reading, so for my layout I focused on telling the "story" of how, in the past couple years, I've made more time again for reading in my daily life:



































I knew I had to use the Studio Calico Ex Libris paper for this, so I cut out two of the images, then used the 2-space negative left over to house my journaling (seems to have a very cool Jill Sprott vibe, both the journaling AND the idea of words...loved her recent Miss Art's journaling class!!!).































I tucked a tag behind the journaling, to document some of my recent reads. 
The two smaller book-stack photos also do a great job of showcasing what types of books I've read in the past year:
































To join in on the fun of capturing a story on a layout of your own, check out the details and other DT examples HERE.

7 comments:

  1. THREE books a month?!!! How do you do it? That's incredibly impressive!!!!! And you still manage to crank out awesome scrappy pages left and right and all that reading!!!!!! I'm so so impressed!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thi lyout is very interessing... the story of a part of live. LIke realy this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo collage and the way you did your journaling! Awesome composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love love love that layout Keri! I love to read too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO. I haven't been reading lately and I used to go through a book a day sort of thing....makes me think of making some time for it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started reading again, too. It is pure joy, even if I can only read half a page at a time! I get through a lot of books that way though. As always, your work is so beautiful and passionate. Love you!

    ReplyDelete