Friday, June 1, 2012

Little Black Dress Pt. 2

Summer begins this week around these parts, which means I'm heading off to this magical place:


WHICH, I'm extra excited about, because I finally caved in & got THIS for Mother's Day:



I know, I know, the pictures are tiny & the film is pricey, but I just can't get the nostalgia of my childhood Polaroid days out of my mind, and I'm really excited to share this instant-gratification photo experience with my own kids! :-)  Hopefully I'll have some instax mini-album fun to share once I return.

Before I go, I want to share the second half of my projects with the Little Black Dress May kit:



































How fun is this giant money ephemera?!  My kids thought this was so awesome, since it looked like real money to them, hah!











































Up next, a seaside layout:



































The rub-ons, labels, & trims in the kit made great little accents all around this page.













































Lastly, I haven't done a "hidden-photo" layout in a long time, and really had fun creating a little mini-album within this layout:



































I slit one 6" opening in the page protector, on the left side of the main photo.  Then I punched a small 1/16" hole on the right side, for the twine closure.  This way, the fold-out mini book sits outside the page protector, and is easily accessed by just untying the twine bow:






























5 comments:

  1. WOW! These are fabulous....look like you've been really, really busy!!! LOVE the one with the 'money' & that remembering words behind....really caught my eye:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Keri! These are all so amazing! Just love what you did with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos brought to life in great LOs. Jealous of you about to enjoy the warm sunny days as we are now heading into cold wintery days many of which have been cloudy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've been busy! These are all fabulous! Love the pic of the girls with their mickey ears...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every layout is a treasure but that last one is the icing on the cake for me. The designs the colors and the awesome accordion pull out, you da woman!!! And way to go with that adorable little camera, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete