Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bring On September!

After a long, glorious summer...away from my blog for the most part...school is back in session.
For me, part of that is a return to a consistent schedule, and a return to blogging!

As part of my catching-up phase, here are a few of my favorite projects created with the Little Black Dress July kit, It's My Party.

This first layout, appropriately, is all about my daughter's 7th birthday party:


































Look at that cutie, happily wearing her Lalaloopsy dress, and clutching her new vintage-barbie mug.



























After inking the Heidi Swapp memory file folder, I layered embellishments on the the top, making sure that the folder could still open easily to reveal photos of my girl with each of her party guests:





















Love how this turned out...and it's such a nice feeling to get this many birthday photos documented all in one layout!

Up next, a super bold+bright layout, featuring one of my favorite elements of this kit...neon accents:



































I added a fun arrow-like top border by tucking teeny heart punch-outs into a row of photo corners.














































Love these large numbers from the Pink Paislee London Market collection.

The final layout for today was part of the July music challenge on the Little Black Dress blog HERE.



































These photos of my daughter "Dancin' in the Rain", using an umbrella when she was ALREADY soaking wet, crack me up.  What a character. :-)














































Besides the photos, my favorite part of this layout is the variety of ink/paint techniques.  And I can't seem to stop using my old-school tiny heart punch either!

That's it for today...I'm excited to be back soon & often, to share more as we head into September.

5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! Love them all! Glad you had a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a good break...good to see you back!!! LOVE THAT Heidi S idea in the top LO & have to agree re the heart punch...these are summer-licious projects....& you can buy lalaloopsy dresses??? My li'l grandy would kill for one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy...thanks so much! Yes, you can buy Lalaloopsy dresses, but they didn't have a Crumbs Sugar Cookie one in a large enough size for my 7 year old, so I made this one. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! These are just fabulous! Love everything about them...all the pp's and embellies go together perfectly on each one! Awesome creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea, how you can open up the big photo with all these hidden photos! You are so right, so many birthday photos all at once, great great idea! I love snorkel monsters, girls after my own heart! :)

    ReplyDelete