Thursday, April 11, 2013

Late to the Play Date...

I had fun making time for the latest challenge at Play Date Cafe, but then I mixed up the due date and didn't get the photos posted in time, d'oh!

I loved the inspiration image, neutrals + silver & gold:


The sponsor for the challenge was Jenni Bowlin Studio, and their design team inspiration (along with PDC's DT) was so awesome that I had to play along with my stash of JBS & Hambly goodies.



































I love the mix of fabrics & metallics in the inspiration image, so I made sure to include a mix as well:  canvas, twine, gold & silver art mediums, overlays, & rub-ons.  So fun to put together!



























For my journaling, I used a quote from Wild by Cheryl Strayed (thanks, book club!)



























Thanks for the inspiration, PDC & JBS...next time I'll try not to be late to the party! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Your page is very pretty I love all the gold. That is a great quote at the bottom of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Loving all the metallics and textures. That bird on a wire washi is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that gold is DELICIOUS--LOVE it! GREAT layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee! This is so different...LOVe those swirlycurly bits underneath...gorgeous! Funny with the dates & date name in the challenge....glad you showed us what you did, even if you missed the date???!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of this color palette Keri, and I love it paired with the b&w photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri:
    This is just gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete