Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mixed Media + Frog Dog = Heaven!

I'm thrilled to be part of the fabulous Tina Walker's mixed media kit club, Frog Dog Studio!

Blog followers here know that I'm a fan of art mediums as well as anything vintage...well, this kit has both!  I love the vintage vibe of the ephemera sheet, and I love the versatile combo of distress paint, full-size multi-medium, and crackle accents! Add to that an adorable mini box + Tim Holtz hinges, and I'm in love.

July's kit was a pleasure to create with, here's a look at what you get:





































And here's a look at my projects:



































I created this nature box for my youngest daughter to collect her treasures in...there is already a pebble and an acorn in there! :)
Inside there is a little mini album, for her to document her nature observations in:



































I used some fun techniques with paint, pens, and crackle accents, as well as a multi-medium transfer technique.  Look for some video tutorials on these techniques coming up later this month!

Next up is a page in my art journal...reminding me to slow down and enjoy this summertime with my little ones:



































The washi tape layers so well with the distress paints, and I love the look of the gesso-clouds with the crackle paint on top.



































Lastly, an ATC, attaching the butterflies only half-way with the multi-medium, for a fun, dimensional look.


So, if you've been thinking  about giving mixed media a try, this is a great way to jump in and get started!  Each month there will be lots of video & photo tutorials, to walk you through how to use each art medium in the kit.  And the design team is so inspirational, check out their current work on the blog HERE.

7 comments:

  1. I just love your projects this month Keri! SO inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT projects...especially loving the nature box.....will have to file tha idea away for my grand son as he gets older:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mixed media work!!! Love the vintage retro vibe too! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cool creations!!!!!!!!!!! Love the mm kit! Congrats on joining! You're going to do great wonders for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously SO excited that you are part of the DT!!! LOVE what you did with the kit--FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is a perfect fit for you!!! This is such a fantastic project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh!! how wonderful! I can't wait to see more of what you create!

    ReplyDelete