Monday, July 1, 2013

Sketch Challenge with OA...

Popping in quickly to share my sketch challenge layout for THIS post over at October Afternoon.

This year for Father's Day, the girls set up an old-west saloon theme for their Daddy, complete with costumes, a distressed sign, and country accents.



































At first glance, you might not see the resemblance to the sketch, but I promise it started out as the inspiration, lol!

I started with a linear photo/embellishment block, but then I found this star paper with a big circle already cut out, and knew I wanted to use it on the layout.  So my photo/embellishment grid morphed to fit this new shape, and I love how it turned out.



























Y'all come back now, ya hear?! :)

8 comments:

  1. Keri, I LOVE this!! I never use circles on my layouts but I love the look of them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see it....just!!! Nah, it's pretty similar except for the circle & the circle looks really great. I really like the star bg paper, too...NICE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Keri!!. Such an awesome use of the Sasparilla!! Such a fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is soooooooooooooooooo neat! Love the entire look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is such a SUPER FUN layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know this is absolutely adorable!! Love how you used the negative circle!

    ReplyDelete