Monday, November 24, 2014

Gift-Giving, Victorian style with BoBunny

November is the month my gift-giving excitement for the holidays kicks in.  This year, my daughter is finally getting the Victorian atomizer/beauty set she's always wanted, so I'm wrapping it up in vintage style!

Using the Rose Cafe collection from BoBunny, I created a gift box, a gift topper, and a tag - all with that romantic Victorian feel.

Here's a couple close-ups of the gift box for the perfume atomizer.  I cut up the Rose Cafe Post paper, distressing each postcard/envelope edge, and then decoupaging all the pieces onto the gift box, using gold glimmer spray to gild the surface.

The box is wrapped up with flowers and lace - and can be used for as a jewelry holder on my daughter's vanity after she opens the gift.  Love double-duty wrapping!

For the wrapped gift topper, I sprayed the doilies quite heavily with gold glimmer spray, with a hint of bronze and frost spray here and there.  I made sure to let the spray pool deeply in the nooks and crannies of the doilies, without blotting, to dry.

Rather than ribbon, I used the film strip to cut a bow for the top.  I love it so much that I think I'm going to save the entire layered piece and make it into a wall hanging after Christmas. :)

Happy gift-giving season to you and yours - I encourage you to get a little crafty with your holiday wrapping this year!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulousness all round....STUNNING gift wrapping :):) wishing I was your daughter:):) you must be pleased as punch with how this turned out - I know I would be:):)

    ReplyDelete