Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Let's Build a Snowman

This month, my daughter and her friends had an idea for a Winter Blowout party, with their own version of an ugly sweater contest, Frozen karaoke, and of course, a hot cocoa bar. 

After seeing "build your own snowman" marshmallow kits all over Pinterest, I thought it would be a great craft to go along with the party.  Each child can make their own snowman, and then plop it right into their hot cocoa mug. Fun!  Here is a peek at my party decor:

Snowman Kit by Keri Babbitt using Altitude Collection from BoBunny































After filling some bags with all the fixin's for a snowman, I topped each one with a glimmer-sprayed doily, flower, and Noteworthy diecut. Done!

Snowman Kit by Keri Babbitt using Altitude Collection from BoBunny


Snowman Kit by Keri Babbitt using Altitude Collection from BoBunny


























After altering the outside of the cocoa can, I layered on more doilies for a fun topper.  I added more cocoa toppings with a little fold-over paper pouch that holds a bag of white chocolate chips.  Quick, easy, and super festive.

Snowman Kit by Keri Babbitt using Altitude Collection from BoBunny


























A little touch of blue and black ink really helped the gorgeous papers to pop, and I added a little delicate hot-cocoa-steam detailing with a pearlescent pen. 

Snowman Kit by Keri Babbitt using Altitude Collection from BoBunny
Happy Winter!

2 comments:

  1. A TAD hard to relate, being in summer here!!!! But I love the idea & those juts look seriously impressive!!!! And the stacked blue doily idea--- LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packs.... Grrr! Autocorrect my FOOT;):)

    ReplyDelete