Monday, April 27, 2015

Fairy Book Basket with BoBunny

As you may be well aware, I'm a definite lover of all things Fairy, Garden, and Fantasy.  So, for this month's out-of-the-box project for BoBunny, I created a woven fairy basket, full of tiny books:



























Using the Garden Journal collection, I fussy-cut some tiny postcards from the 6x6 paper pad, and stapled some blank paper inside each book.  Then I went to town distressing the covers, with ink, rub-ons, and jewels.  Each mini book has a bookmark inside, along with a title page:



























For the bookmarks and the basket, I cut paper into strips and then lightly coated each strip with Pearlescents.  This coating strengthens and adds a metallic sheen to the strips, which can then be easily woven or bent for bookmarks.  The coating makes the basket quite sturdy, and allows the bookmarks to hold their curved/creased shape.



























My daughters can't wait to fill these little beauties in with fanciful fairy stories and field-guide facts.  And I can't wait to see them traipsing around the yard doing so!


2 comments:

  1. What a BRILL idea! I adore it......and the little tea cup.....your girls are certainly going to have a ball filling these in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just lovely--great colors and fun accents!

    ReplyDelete